Visit exhibition at Mystetskyi Arsenal
When Ivan Meller designed an arsenal in Kiev to support Empress Catherine II’s war effort, he said that he had built it not for weapons but for the people. Three centuries later, though the building has allegedly been used as a secret military base in the Soviet era, his vision has finally come true, thanks to the creation in 2010 of the Mystetskyi National Art and Culture Museum. The museum currently features a permanent collection of Ukrainian art, temporary exhibitions, concerts, lectures and a library, making it a cultural hub.
Lavra Street 10-12, Kiev, Ukraine, +380 44 288 52 25
5 facts about Ukrainians
- Native Ukrainians consist of roughly 77.8 percent of the population.
- Although Ukrainians are hospitable, they seldom smile in public.
- Locals boast a distinctive ethnocultural identity, which is expressed through music and folk oral literature.
- Ukrainians are accustomed to energetic, fast-paced folk-stage dancing, which replaced traditional styles.
- Locals designed the world’s heaviest aircraft, the An-225 Mriya.
Want to talk more about article “The Top 10 Things to See and Do in Kiev”?
If you want to read more articles like this or you want to ask something else, please use our section for comments.
We are constantly trying to improve quality of information and will happy to hear your feedback as well. Thank you for visiting our website!
Thank you for your interest in this beautiful country. Try to find more interesting article about travel in Ukraine in our dedicated category of website.