St. Sophia’s Cathedral, Kiev
St. Sophia’s Cathedral is a symbol of Kiev and a precious gem of the Sophia of Kiev National Sanctuary. The majestic temple in Byzantine style was constructed in the 11th century. St. Sophia’s Cathedral is an incredibly beautiful museum and temple complex, which annually welcomes thousands of tourists. It consists of the bell tower, the Metropolitan’s House, theological seminary and the cathedral. The interior also deserves attention, as it has preserved a large number of ancient frescoes and mosaics, made by the best Byzantine masters.
St. Sophia’s Cathedral, Volodymyrska St, 24, Kiev, Ukraine, +380 44 278 2620
5 facts about Ukrainians
- Native Ukrainians consist of roughly 77.8 percent of the population.
- Although Ukrainians are hospitable, they seldom smile in public.
- Locals boast a distinctive ethnocultural identity, which is expressed through music and folk oral literature.
- Ukrainians are accustomed to energetic, fast-paced folk-stage dancing, which replaced traditional styles.
- Locals designed the world’s heaviest aircraft, the An-225 Mriya.
Want to talk more about article “The Most Beautiful Cathedrals in Ukraine”?
If you want to read more articles like this or you want to ask something else, please use our section for comments.
We are constantly trying to improve quality of information and will happy to hear your feedback as well. Thank you for visiting our website!
Thank you for your interest in this beautiful country. Try to find more interesting article about travel in Ukraine in our dedicated category of website.